Friday, November 11, 2011

Ornament Exchange

Thanksgiving is right around the corner. This year my parents are hosting!!!! Thank God I don't have to sit in Thanksgiving traffic this year. Anywho, my mom always has something entertaining for her guests to do when they come over and this time she wants to do an ornament exchange so people can walk away with something to decorate their tree with for Christmas. I decided to go the DIY (do it yourself) route and make my own ornament. The ornament I will be making is a pine cone.


How did I do it???


Materials Needed: 


* Styrofoam Egg
* Hot Glue Gun
* Decorative Paper
* Pins
* Embellishments of your choice
* Glue Stick
* Scissors
* Ribbon


Step 1: Cut decorative paper into 1 by 1 inch squares




Step 2: Using the glue stick put some glue on the back of the paper then fold down two corners to make it look like a house. Do this to all your 1 by 1 inch squares.




Step 3: Cut off two small pieces of your decorative paper then hot glue them to the top and bottom of the styrofoam egg.



Step 4: Start pinning little house shaped paper on to the styrofoam egg. Continue until no more white styrofoam is showing.





Step 5: Hot glue or pin on embellishments.



Step 6: Add ribbon for hanging and done!!









No comments:

Post a Comment